People are less rigid when changing jobs and know that they can don’t have to slog for years to reach that level. Sing their skills and level of dedication, they can get to anywhere they want to. 100k sales jobs in the US are not hard to find anymore. To be specific, more money than thought of is in the sales field!
Sales jobs have a totally different work-profile than that of the standard 9-5 jobs. If you can work cleverly, you can reach the pinnacle, faster than you can even think of! There are no work hours in the sales field and yes, it is true to some extent that you have to work and slog a bit more than other jobs. Though much depends on your convincing power and your enterprising nature and attitude; if you do not have the attitude – build it, otherwise you’re not the one for a sales job.
Sales Jobs in the US – A Work Profile
- Smart Candidate: If you are in the sales field, you should have the ability to learn fast and even faster. Because that is what separates a ‘smart’ candidate from a ‘normal’ one. You need to sound as convincing as you can that even a bald person will agree to buy a comb from you! You have to inculcate the attitude needed to reach the 6-figure salary.
- Uncanny: Doing uncanny and uncommon things should be your niche! This may sound a bit strange. According to a famous millionaire who made his fortune from the sales field, the best salespersons are the ones who can read backwards and can read upside-down. Because you will have the least time possible for a job assigned, it is important that you have to get the job done ASAP and without any inhibitions.
- Work Time: There are no fixed work hours in the sales jobs. People get paid according to the business they make. Do not expect a cozy and comfortable job in the sales field.
- Leadership: This is one important aspect of being into a high-paying sales job. Ample leadership is needed and you need to have the ability to take decisions independently and confidently. There will be no teachers here; you are on your own.
- Strategy and Planning: Finally, you need to know that these two seemingly self-explanatory points are the most important of the lot. You cannot advance even one step without a proper strategy and planning.