If you have love towards finance jobs, you can have a very successful career in this field. This field offers you plenty of job types such as accounting, finance management, real estate, banking and some other types. Finance jobs are quite stable and finance careers in general are rewarding. There are plenty of finance jobs in the market. Several organizations are constantly in search for finance professionals.
But if you take an interest in this field, you must get rid of some of the myths related to this career. Some facts are here for you which will help you in dispelling some myths from your head.
- Many banks recruit a lot of people in the finance department. This is the most important department in a bank. So banks recruit maximum people for finance department. The figures are much higher than companies. Bank jobs are interesting contrary to the myth that it is boring. You need to meet several people and interact with them too. The corporate banks pay well indeed.
- The primary function of those in corporate finance jobs is to manage the financial issues a company. They also have to raise funds and engage themselves in planning several projects. Those who are engaged in corporate finance jobs have to have good analytic powers. They have to face many finance related problems and they have to solve these problems efficiently. Those multinational companies that employ financial accountants pay them with fat salaries. These jobs are quite stable and always in demand.
- Many people with a background in finance work in the real estate sector also. They have to perform several tasks such as construction, leasing, brokerage, property appraisals and similar types of jobs. These jobs are quite challenging but if you can face these challenges, you will be able to overcome them and you will definitely find the job very interesting.
- The job of a finance manager in corporate sector is very flourishing. They have to take financial decisions for a company. They also have to plan out development projects and guide the company’s business strategies.
- You can also work as a corporate controller. Your job profile will require you to prepare reports of your company in order to present the financial status of your company. You have to tend to income statements, balance sheets, analyze earnings and expenses. Sometimes corporate controllers have to make special reports fro some regulatory agencies.
- After completing your MBA degree in finance you can take up the job of an accounting manager. You need a lot of experience in order to become a successful accounting manager.
- It is good to start your accounting careers with your accounting internships. They will be regarded as your entry level accounting jobs.