Summary: There are a number of companies out there besides the big, well-known companies that have great benefits that may make you rethink where you currently work.
Everyone knows that Google, Apple, Facebook, and a number of other big-name companies offer their employees great benefits. What you may not realize is that there are a lot of companies out there that have great benefits that may fit what you are looking for in a company better than what you currently receive. Most companies offer the same general benefits such as 401k matching, tuition reimbursement but how would you like a company that has pet insurance or a transportation reimbursement?
Look at what these 50 companies offer their employees:
- Visa, Inc. has benefits that vary by country. However, all employees receive health insurance, savings plans, life insurance, paid time off and holidays. Visa will also match financial gifts to eligible charities, up to $5,000 a year.
- Quicken Loans has more unique benefits like infertility coverage, full coverage for autism care, and pet insurance.
- BBVA Compass deposits a $1,000 bonus into a Health Reimbursement or Savings Account for employees participating in the “Wellthy for Life” program and attend company health-related events. The company also had a breast milk delivery service for new mothers traveling for business.
- Idaho Central Credit Union has computer wage advancements, a scholarship program for dependents, tuition reimbursement, and a wellness program.
- Regions Financial Corp. provides tuition reimbursement towards undergraduate degrees and an Associates’ Homeowners Program.
- Umpqua Bank employees get a $500 professional dress advance, tuition reimbursement, 40 paid volunteer hours and 100 percent transportation reimbursement.
- Prudential Financial gives their employees access to a life coach and nine on-site wellness centers. New mothers get eight weeks of fully paid maternity leave and up to 22 additional weeks unpaid.
- South Carolina Federal Credit Union employees receive pet insurance, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, and on-site food vendors.
- Asana has unique benefits like $50 each month in Uber credits, executive coaching, guided meditation, untracked PTO, 16 weeks of paid paternity leave, three gourmet meals a day at work, and gym memberships.
- Acxiom employees can obtain tuition reimbursement, adoption leave and assistance, and pet insurance discounts as well as access to a wellness center, on-site cafeteria, and child care.
- Daxko covers member fees at any YMCA or JCC. They also have themed quite rooms such as a Barbie room and a dinosaur room. High-performing employees get helmet stickers and a gift certificate. Employees that have been with the company for a number of years can take a four-week sabbatical every seven years.
- WebPT hosts employee-led games and clubs and yearly events like a spring carnival and annual “Biggest Loser” challenge.
- Gartner gives their employees an employee discount, commuter checks and assistance for public transit, legal assistance, gym memberships, and tuition reimbursement.
- Appointment-Plus pays for gym memberships, snacks, and sodas and they offer a flexible work policy for those wishing to work from home. Employees can also bring their kids and pets to work with them.
- RightNow Technologies has a commuter benefits program, medical plan with extras like autism benefits and round-the-clock phone consultations, and income protection benefits.
- Basecamp has unique benefits. They offer four-day workweeks in the summer, $100 each month for fitness, $100 each month for massages, one-month sabbatical every three years, Community Supported Agriculture allowance, $1,000 annual continuing education allowance, a work-from-anywhere option, and holiday gifts.
- Sandia National Laboratories offers a winter shutdown, compressed workweek, K-12 educational outreach programs in math and science for their children, mentoring opportunities with scientists and engineers, and four-day workweeks.
- World Wide Technology gives their employees tuition assistance and reimbursement, on-site healthcare, work-from-home option, volunteer opportunities, charitable gift-matching, and fertility assistance.
- Hyland gives their employees $10,000 for tuition in graduate courses, $4,000 a year for undergraduate courses, 12 flex days, on-site clinics and fitness classes, massages, car detailing, childcare services, travel services, and haircuts.
- Epic Systems has community gardens, on-site car detailing, a library, and dry cleaning. The employees also receive EpicOdyssey trips, a one-month sabbatical after five years of employment, and a professional development fund.
- Software Advice celebrates Massage Fridays, offers a fully stocked kitchen, has a work abroad program, and hosts boot camp classes after work three days a week.
- Riot Games offers a Hackathon, “Taste the Riot” fairs, ongoing education and training through Riot U, massage therapy, and top-of-the-line computers.
- Angie’s List employees receive massage therapy, on-site fitness center, help with weight-loss goals, intramural sports, on-site garden, and YMCA membership discounts.
- Hubspot gives their employees unlimited paid time off, $5,000 for continuing education, company socials, and professional development programs.
- The Alaska Connection gives their employees free travel, seasonal work, and flexible schedules plus accommodations at company lodges.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants has great benefits for LGBT employees as well as pet insurance, pet-bereavement policy, and policy allowing pets to come to work. They also offer free healthy snacks and lunch, on-site dry cleaning, and fitness classes.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort gives their employees free transportation to and from work, free coffee, free access to the tram, mountain bike park, ropes course, drop tower, and commuter reimbursement.
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino gives their employees paid jury duty, free on-site parking, free internet kiosks, a break room, dining room, and lounge.
- Dillards has competitive retail positions with flexible scheduling, paid time off, and employee discounts.
- Collective Brands, the owner of Payless ShoeSource, offers business travel, accident insurance, employee shoe discount, and a dependent care spending account.
- Publix employees receive tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance for students enrolled in certified culinary schools. Employees are also eligible for six paid holidays, and company-paid life insurance.
- Abbot Labs offers child care, adoption assistance, gym membership, tuition assistance, employee discounts, mobile phone discounts, and legal services.
- Trupanion encourages employees to bring their pets to work. They have dog-walking services and pet insurance, pet wellness, and pet bereavement.
- Atlantic Health Care has tuition reimbursement, concierge services, mentorships, and adoption assistance.
- Northside Hospital gives their employees a gym membership, employee discounts, mobile phone discounts, dependent care, and child care.
- Sanford Health employees can receive local business discounts, educational assistance, voluntary benefits like accident or cancer coverage, adoption assistance, identity theft protection, and a worksite wellness program.
- Counsyl has a gym with daily classes, catered lunches, and free laundry. The sales force receives a $650 car allowance.
- Dolby employees get access to in-office movie theaters to screen new movies, and more.
- Groundfloor Media, Inc. offers paid time off to volunteer, annual Groundhog Day celebrations, a monthly active lifestyle allowance, and a weekly beer club.
- West Virginia University offers a housing down payment program, all-ages fitness center, tuition assistance and waivers, and employee discounts for items from Dell, miscellaneous retailers, and athletic events.
- The University of Pittsburgh has education programs for employees and their spouses and dependents.
- Florida International University employees get auto and pet insurance and legal services.
- The University of Southern Mississippi offers employees dependent child care, half-price tuition for unmarried dependent children, moving assistance, and full-time employees can take up to six credits per semester.
- Styker has mobile phone discounts, gym membership, job training, tuition assistance, and employee discounts.
- MillerCoors has a MillerCoors University, and company pub for 21 or older employees.
- Cummins Inc. employees receive tuition assistance, employee discount, fertility assistance, gym membership, legal assistance, on-site healthcare, and the traditional benefits.
- Union Pacific offers child care, adoption assistance, a health coach, tuition reimbursement, gift matching, tobacco cessation programs, and a transportation spending account.
- The Hershey Company employees get free admission to Hersheypark, Hersheypark in the Dark, Hersheypark Christmas Candylane, and Springtime in the Park. Employees also receive First Aid, CPR, and other professional certification training.
- M. Smucker Company pays 100 percent of company-approved courses.
- Nestle Purina PetCare employees can put their children in a child care center to learn Spanish, computer skills, swimming, field trips, and gymnastics.
What benefit would you like to see offered? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
To learn more about the types of benefits offered by companies, read these articles:
- The 6 Top Benefits Millennials Are Asking For
- The Best Companies and Their Benefits
- Parental Leave Policies Becoming Common Benefits
Photo: blogs.ubu.ca50 Companies with Job Benefits to Jump For by Amanda Griffin