Summary: Setting time aside for yourself before you jump into the mindset of work, work, work will help you get more done and have a healthier frame of mind.
How do you imagine the morning routine for the top leaders in your industry goes each day? Well they certainly don’t roll out of bed, meander to the pantry to fix whatever they find first, and then make their way to the office to tackle whatever the day throws them.
Excellence takes planning, preparing, and execution. Science teaches us that in the first 20-30 minutes after waking up, our body receives a boost from our cortisol awakening response to give us some much needed energy to tackle the day.
So you are probably wondering how you can improve your routine. We have 10 tips that will give your morning the boost it needs to make the day successful.
- Make the Perfect Cup of Coffee – The founder of Digital Telepathy relies on heating up water to exactly 204 degrees then brewing the coffee by hand to get the best result and get his creative juices going at the same time. He finds comfort in starting his day with something made from scratch.
- Meditate – Meditation can come in different forms, depending on your preference. There is yoga, listening to peaceful music, or reading chakra affirmations. Do what helps you clear your mind from the daily baggage so that you can focus on what’s important.
- Use Your Shower to Plan – A shower is the perfect place to mentally plan out everything that needs to get done and what you want to get done each day. Leave plan-free time where you can address any surprises that pop-up that day.
- Make a Healthy Breakfast – Refrain from checking your phone or internet first thing. Make a healthy breakfast each morning consisting of a vegetable, protein, and fruit to fuel your body for a successful day. A good breakfast will propel you until your next meal and will set the pattern for eating healthy throughout the day.
- Make Time to Be Grateful – One suggestion is to keep a journal where you write down a gratitude list of five items or so each morning. A positive, healthy mindset is a chance to put the important things in your life first.
- Visualize – Similar to meditation, visualization lets you take time to imagine your goals in vivid detail. There is no sense of worry, need or lack when your imagination is limitless.
- Exercise – Any physical exercise of your choice is a great way to clear your mind so that you can focus on the day’s challenges.
- Set Daily and Weekly Goals – Dan Murphy, the VP of Business Development at Import.io says, “I set my goals for the week on Monday morning and set two-to-three major to-dos every day at 7 AM. When my day gets hectic, I can always circle back to my to-dos and refocus.” Goals are a way to keep the big picture in mind.
- Brainstorm – Immediately after drinking that perfect cup of coffee or meditating for 10 minutes, take a few more undisturbed minutes to think up something unique. An original idea can keep you motivated and inspired throughout the day while reading and responding to the numerous emails in your inbox.
- Make it a Consistent Habit – Whatever you decide to do for your morning routine, stick to it each morning.
Photo: goinswriter.com10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Morning for a Successful Day by Amanda Griffin