The Best Companies and Their BenefitsPost Views 15
Summary: Great and unique benefits can attract some of the top talent to companies but there needs to be other factors to keep them there.
What would you do for work benefits like made-to-order sushi or an on-site laundry service? Companies that have benefits that go above and beyond are more likely to keep their employees and to attract top talent.
- Free food from 16 gourmet cafes
- Dogs are allowed
- Massages on-site
- On-site gym
- On-site doctors
- Free laundry machines
- On-site concierges that will take your car for an oil change, pick up your dry cleaning, deliver groceries, and more.
- Retirees receive a lifetime membership to a gym
- Free food
- 21 days PTO, 11 paid holidays, and unlimited sick days
- Four months paid for maternity/paternity leave
- $3,000 reimbursement for childcare
- No vacation policy – take as many days off as you like as long as you are getting your work done
- No dress code
- Encouraged to take time on good surfing days to get out and surf
- Free made-to-order sushi
- Free daycare while employees are working
- Free doggy daycare while employees are working
- Free transportation for local employees to work on one of several buses equipped with WiFi
- On-site pub with 13 different beers on tap
- On-site healthcare
- Beauty salon
- Car cleaning
- Childcare and summer camps
While these perks are great the top incentives that employees say they want are full appreciation for work done, feeling included on things, sympathy during personal conflicts, job security, competitive wages, interesting work, promotion opportunities, personal loyalty, good working conditions, and reasonable discipline.
Employers are generally way off on what they think their employees want, like their top priority being pay. While offering great benefits will help employers keep their best employees, it is not the only thing that matters. Employees are just like everyone else and ultimately want to feel like they matter.
Photo: cbs-gisx.comThe Best Companies and Their Benefits by Amanda Griffin