Summary: Education plays a big part in salary outcomes, so take a look at this list to find out what jobs will make your student loans worth it in the end if you are looking for a larger salary.
It comes as no surprise that medical careers make up some of the highest paying careers in the United States since they require the most education. Here is the list of the top 20 paying jobs in the United States. There are a few exceptions, such as CEO’s, so only the average are included in the data. To find current job openings in each of these areas just click on the links below or click here to browse all jobs on Granted.com by job type and location.
- Anesthesiologists make an average of $246,320 per year. The job is expected to grow 18 percent and there are 30,060 people with this career today.
- Surgeons make an average $240,440. The career is also expected to grow 18 percent with 41,070 people holding this job.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons make an average of $219,600 per year. The career is expected to grow 16 percent with only 5,120 people currently in the job.
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists make an average $214,750. It is expected that the job will grow 18 percent. There are currently 21,740 people with this job.
- Orthodontists make around $201,030 with an expected growth of 16 percent. There are only 6,190 that hold this job title.
- General Internists make an average of $190,530 per year. The career is expected to grow 18 percent with 48,390 already in the field.
- Physicians and other Surgeons make around $189,760. There are 311,320 in the field with an expected growth of 18 percent.
- Family and General Practitioners make an average of $186,320 per year. There are 124,810 in the job with a growth of 18 percent.
- Psychiatrists make $182,700 with a growth rate expected at 18 percent. There are 25,080 in the career.
- Average Chief Executives make around $180,700. There are 248,760 in the field with a project growth of 11 percent.
- General Pediatricians make $175,400 on average. There are 31,010 that hold this job with a growth rate of 18 percent.
- Specialty Dentists make an average $168,580 per year. The career is expected to grow 16 percent with 5,450 already in the field.
- General Dentists make around $166,580. The job growth rate is 16 percent with 97,990 in the field.
- Nurse Anesthetists earn an average of $158,900 per year. There are 36,590 in the field with a 31 percent job growth rate.
- Petroleum Engineers make around $147,520 per year. There are 33,740 in the job with a 26 percent growth expectation.
- Prosthodontists make around $142,830 per year. There are only 630 people that hold this job title. The growth rate is around 16 percent.
- Architectural and Engineering Managers make $138,720 yearly. There are 179,320 with this job title, but there is only a projected 7 percent growth rate.
- Podiatrists make an average of $137,480 per year. The growth rate is at 23 percent and there are 8,910 in the job.
- Marketing Managers make $137,400 with 184,490 in the job. The growth rate is lower at 12 percent.
- Natural Sciences Managers earn $136,450 yearly. The growth rate is low at 6 percent and 53,290 are already in the field.
Photo: usnewtime.orgTop 20 Highest-Paying Careers by Amanda Griffin